[openstack-dev] [oslo][glance] Oslo.cfg resets not really resetting the CONF

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Dec 13 17:25:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-13 02:44, Amala Basha Alungal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I stumbled into a situation today where in I had to write few tests that modifies the oslo.config.cfg and in turn resets the values back in a tear down. Acc to the docs, oslo.cfg reset() "_Clears the object state and unsets overrides and defaults." _but, it doesn't seem to be happening, as the subsequent tests that are run retains these modified values and tests behave abnormally. The patch has been submitted for review here [1]. Am I missing something obvious?

I didn't look very closely at why your tests weren't working, but this
is why we have the config fixture for tests. It handles all the
resetting for you. If _that_ doesn't work then we need to look closer.
:-)

I left a link on the review to the appropriate file.

-Ben

Links:
------
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60188/1