[openstack-dev] Unified Guest Agent proposal

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Dec 13 16:46:55 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Sergey Lukjanov's message of 2013-12-13 07:46:34 -0800:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> it's a good idea to setup an IRC meeting for the unified agents. IMO it'll
> seriously speedup discussion. The first one could be used to determine the
> correct direction, then we can use them to discuss details and coordinate
> efforts, it will be necessary regardless of the approach.

I'd like for those who are going to do the actual work to stand up and
be counted before an IRC meeting. This is starting to feel bike-sheddy
and the answer to bike-shedding is not more meetings.

I am keenly interested in this, but have limited cycles to spare for it
at this time. So I do not count myself as one of those people.

I believe that a few individuals who are involved with already working
specialized agents will be doing the work to consolidate them and to fix
the bug that they all share (Heat shares this too) which is that private
networks cannot reach their respective agent endpoints. I think those
individuals should review the original spec given the new information,
revise it, and present it here in a new thread. If there are enough of
them that they feel they should have a meeting, I suggest they organize
one. But I do not think we need more discussion on a broad scale.

Speaking of that, before I run out and report a bug that affects
Savanna Heat and Trove, is there already a bug titled something like
"Guests cannot reach [Heat/Savanna/Trove] endpoints from inside private
networks." ?

(BTW, paint it yellow!)