[openstack-dev] [governance] Becoming a Program, before applying for incubation

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 16:14:41 UTC 2013

While I agree with most of what Thierry said, I need clarifications though,
on what a Program is, and what is the key point where an idea should get
its own Program instead of being headed by an already existing Program.

For example, take Barbican which is providing extra features to Keystone,
or Docker which will provide its own API for managing VMs. Are they both
eligible for new Programs, or should they stick to the existing programs
(respectively Identity and Compute) ?

If the answer is "they can be part of the already existing Programs", then
how can we leverage the difference in between the projects (ie. Keystone is
Openstack, Barbican is Stackforge), and how could at some point the code
getting incubated ?

That said, Climate (Reservations as a Service) does have the same concern,
while we're not yet planning to ask for incubation until a certain point,
which needs to be discussed internally.

Thanks,
-Sylvain