[openstack-dev] [UX] Weekly topic - Horizon Navigation

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 13:08:40 UTC 2013

On 2013/10/12 17:49, Lyle, David wrote:
> This topic has been available on ux-askbot and ux Google+ forum before
> that for months.  Based on that alone, I don’t believe the vote was
> limited.  All input was taken and considered.  In the end, there are
> strong opinions on both sides.
>
> What the final outcome was…  We’ll implement the vertical navigation by
> default and write the html such that skinning to make the navigation
> horizontal should be as easy as writing the less and potentially
> additional js for it (thinking of screen width overflow).  I’m not sure
> we want to take on the burden of supporting an implementation of both
> layout directions in horizon, but there may be workable solutions there.
>
> As other icehouse blueprints depend on the navigation upgrade, I’d
> rather not keep rehashing this topic.
>
> -David Lyle

OK, that make sense.

In that case, there is the latest proposal on Vertical Navigation from
Dec 3, which is waiting for some feedback (mostly domain selector approach).

I am looking forward to see your comments here:

http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/2/openstack-dashboard-navigation-redesign/?answer=99#post-id-99

-- Jarda