[openstack-dev] Announcing Fuel

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Dec 13 06:11:51 UTC 2013

On 13 December 2013 03:31, Mike Scherbakov <mscherbakov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>

> Most of you by now have heard of Fuel, which we’ve been working on as a
> related OpenStack project for a period of time - see
> https://launchpad.net/fuel and https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel. The aim
> of the project is to provide a distribution agnostic and plug-in agnostic
> engine for preparing, configuring and ultimately deploying various “flavors”
> of OpenStack in production. We’ve also used Fuel in most of our customer
> engagements to stand up an OpenStack cloud.
> We’d love to open discussion on this and hear everybody’s thoughts on this
> direction.

+1 on more collaboration :). I think the general strategy of finding
what program in OpenStack fits the features you'd like to contribute,
and then working with that program to get the features into it - as a
new project for the program, or as patches to an existing project, or
even as a replacement implementation of the project - is exactly the
right approach to break down the silos and make your stuff generally
available and something we're all collaborating on. The specific
examples you gave also make sense to me.

Let me know if/when there are further or more detailed discussions we
need to have - I'll be more than happy to participate!

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist