[openstack-dev] Incubation Request for Barbican

Bryan D. Payne bdpayne at acm.org
Thu Dec 12 16:11:53 UTC 2013

> >$ git shortlog -s -e | sort -n -r
> >   172 John Wood <john.wood at rackspace.com>
> >   150 jfwood <john.wood at rackspace.com>
> >    65 Douglas Mendizabal <douglas.mendizabal at rackspace.com>
> >    39 Jarret Raim <jarret.raim at rackspace.com>
> >    17 Malini K. Bhandaru <malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com>
> >    10 Paul Kehrer <paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com>
> >    10 Jenkins <jenkins at review.openstack.org>
> >     8 jqxin2006 <jqxin2006 at gmail.com>
> >     7 Arash Ghoreyshi <arashghoreyshi at gmail.com>
> >     5 Chad Lung <chad.lung at gmail.com>
> >     3 Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>
> >     2 John Vrbanac <john.vrbanac at rackspace.com>
> >     1 Steven Gonzales <stevendgonzales at gmail.com>
> >     1 Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com>
> >     1 Bryan D. Payne <bdpayne at acm.org>
> >
> >It appears to be an effort done by a group, and not an individual.  Most
> >commits by far are from Rackspace, but there is at least one non-trivial
> >contributor (Malini) from another company (Intel), so I think this is OK.
>
> There has been some interest from some quarters (RedHat, HP and others) in
> additional support. I hope that the incubation process will help
> accelerate external contributions.

For what it's worth, I just wanted to express my intent to get more
involved in Barbican in the near future.  I plan to be helping out with
both reviews and coding on a variety of pieces.  So that will help (a
little) with the diversification situation.  I would also mention that
there has been great interest in Barbican among the OSSG crowd and it
wouldn't surprise me to see more people from that group getting involved in
the future.

Cheers,
-bryan