[openstack-dev] Performance Regression in Neutron/Havana compared to Quantum/Grizzly

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Dec 12 12:51:00 UTC 2013

I believe your analysis is correct and inline with the findings reported in
the bug concerning OVS agent loop slowdown.

The issue has become even more prominent with the ML2 plugin due to an
increased number of notifications sent.

Another issue which makes delays on the DHCP agent worse is that instances
send a discover message once a minute.

Salvatore