[openstack-dev] Neutron Distributed Virtual Router

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Dec 12 12:15:08 UTC 2013

NSX distributed routers behave, from a tenant perspective, exactly like any
other router.

Beyond the service level factor, which I believe Ian is referring to as
well, there is no reason for distinguishing them from standard routers
through the API.

I believe the same applies distributed router being implemented for Havana;
therefore I would say that is more a matter pertaining service levels
rather than resource attributes. I would not change the API, but rather
explore whether a solution based on the service providers or the 'flavors'
I was mentioning in my previous post would be feasible.

I think then there will be no problem to adapt the NSX plugin to whatever
is agreed.

Salvatore