[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar CLI after architecture changes

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu Dec 12 10:49:22 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13 13:33, Jiří Stránský wrote:

[snip]

> TL;DR: I believe that "As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants a
> CLI for managing the deployment providing the same fundamental features
> as UI." With the planned architecture changes (making tuskar-api thinner
> and getting rid of proxying to other services), there's not an obvious
> way to achieve that. We need to figure this out. I present a few options
> and look forward for feedback.

[snip]

> 2) Make a thicker tuskar-api and put the business logic there. (This is
> the original approach with consuming other services from tuskar-api. The
> feedback on this approach was mostly negative though.)

This is a very simple issue, actualy. We don't have any choice. We need
locks. We can't make the UI, CLI and API behave in consistent and
predictable manner when multiple people (and cron jobs on top of that)
are using them, if we don't have locks for the more complex operations.
And in order to have locks, we need to have a single point where the
locks are applied. We can't have it on the client side, or in the UI --
it has to be a single, shared place. It has to be Tuskar-API, and I
really don't see any other option.

--
Radomir Dopieralski