[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Nominations to Horizon Core

Lyle, David david.lyle at hp.com
Thu Dec 12 05:52:33 UTC 2013

So again, nothing prevents a non-core security reviewer from reviewing blueprints and doing code reviews.  Believe me any security minded input is always welcome and weighed carefully.

Although the principle of having a minimum number of security reviewers in core is certainly a fair point of debate, in this particular case, the participation level does not warrant the outcry.

Per http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/horizon-reviewers-365.txt

Reviews for the last 365 days in horizon
** -- horizon-core team member
|       Reviewer              | Reviews   -2  -1  +1  +2  +A    +/- %  | Disagreements* |
|   paul-mcmillan **   |                2    0    1    0     1     1     50.0% |    0 (  0.0%)             |

As with other projects in OpenStack, removing a person from core merely implies that they are not actively reviewing enough to remain current with the code base and provide informed reviews with regards to the architecture and project direction.   Also in-line with other OpenStack projects, reviewers removed from core who begin providing regular and meaningful reviews will have a reduced period of time to be re-added to core.  Which I would be very happy to see.

David