[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Bug list maintenance

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 01:35:21 UTC 2013

So, I've dug into the bug list in the past few days, and want to share what
I've observed.

Over the Havana cycle, we all used the bug list as a way to earmark work we
needed to come back to. Some of those earmarks are stale. Perhaps the
status is incorrect, or we fixed it but didn't close the bug, or the
description no longer reflects the current codebase.

I'd like to ask that, if you have any bugs assigned to you, please take a
few minutes to review them. If you're still working on them, please make
sure the status & priority fields are accurate, and target a reasonable
milestone (i2 is Jan 23, i3 is March 6). Oh, and let me know you've
reviewed your bugs, otherwise I'm going to nag you :)

Also, if you aren't able to work that bug right now, don't sweat it - just
unassign yourself. This is about keeping the bug list accurate, not about
guilting anyone into working more.

Thanks!
-D