[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Glance][Oslo]Notification issue with Glance

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 11 17:24:27 UTC 2013

Hello, guys!

We faced with Glance notifications issue during Tempest tests for
Ceilometer. We tried to send notification by ourselves (during
investigation we've found that Glance uses almost the same code):

from oslo.config import cfg
from oslo import messaging

CONF.rabbit_host = 'localhost'
CONF.rabbit_port = 5672
CONF.rabbit_use_ssl = False
CONF.rabbit_userid = 'guest'
CONF.rabbit_password = 'guest'
CONF.rabbit_virtual_host = '/'
CONF.rabbit_notification_exchange = 'glance'
CONF.rabbit_notification_topic = 'notifications'
CONF.rabbit_durable_queues = False
CONF.notification_driver = 'rabbit'

tr = messaging.get_transport(CONF, 'rabbit://')
n = messaging.Notifier(tr, 'messaging', 'image.localhost')
n.info({},'image.hello_world', 'Hello, World!')

And no messages were detected in Rabbit. And no ERRORs.
Please advice, maybe this issue is known?

Thanks for any help,
Nadya