[openstack-dev] [QA] Tempest blueprints status update and rationale, input demanded

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 12:44:19 UTC 2013

hi,

I'm attempting to rationalize on the status of tempest blueprints. I
need your help so I organized questions in a few open points.

* (1) I'm looking for input here on the actual status of the following
blueprints, which are already approved or in a good progress state:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/add-basic-heat-tests

seems done, shall we close it? (steve baker)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/fail-gate-on-log-errors

seems done, shall we close it? (david kranz)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/config-cleanup
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/config-verification

seems done, close? (mtreinish)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/fix-gate-tempest-devstack-vm-quantum-full

old but still valid for icehouse, what is the real status here? (mlavalle)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/client-lib-stability

is slow progress appropriate here? (david kranz)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/quantum-basic-api

this was approved but it looks to me quite hard to implement tests for
the different network topologies, is it even possible given our infra?
(mlavalle)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/crash-scenario-generator

needs approval, is there any agreement upon this being implemented or
shall we drop this? (all core and contributors)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/missing-compute-api-extensions

identifying missing tests isn't a blueprint per se I think so I'd close
this unless someone volunteer the work to at least identify the wanted tests

* (2) The following are instead blueprints open for discussion which I
think should either be approved or closed, again input is more  than
welcomed as well as assignees if you care about it:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/refactor-rest-client

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/tempest-multiple-images

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/general-swift-client

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/input-scenarios-for-scenario

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/neutron-advanced-scenarios

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/stress-api-tracking

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/test-developer-documentation

* (3) Finally, as a general rule of thumb for the many remaining
blueprints which only demand for new tests, I think we should keep and
approve blueprints asking for basic tests around new components but
*not* (as in close) blueprints demanding for additional tests around
existing components. Does it look reasonable?
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo