[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Vote required for certificate as first-class citizen - SSL Termination (Revised)

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Wed Dec 11 12:04:36 UTC 2013

Thanks for the detailed write-up Evg.

What is the use of SSLPolicy.PassInfo?
Managing as individual ciphers is a pain, Can we introduce an entity called cipher groups? This enables to provide built-in cipher groups (HIGH, LOW, DES etc) as well. At the least we can provide this in the UI+CLI layer.
Also, it will be good to have a built-in DEFAULT ssl policy, which contains default set of SSL protocols, ciphers etc. which is to be used when sslpolicy is not provided.
Is there a need for binding multiple certificates for a VIP, because SNI is not modeled now? We could have vip_id as the key in vip_ssl_certificate_assoc.

Also, it will be good to have the following nomenclature corrected:
TrustedKey: This entity refers to a CA certificate, usage key can be avoided. My suggestion is to call it CA or cacert.
SSLCertificate.PublicKey: The property contains a server certificate (actually PublicKey + more info). My suggestion is to call the property as certificate

Thanks,
Vijay V.