[openstack-dev] [keystone] domain admin role query

Jamie Lennox jamielennox at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 04:49:03 UTC 2013

Using the default policies it will simply check for the admin role and not care about the domain that admin is limited to. This is partially a left over from the V2 api when there wasn't domains to worry about.

A better example of policies are in the file etc/policy.v3cloudsample.json. In there you will see the rule for create_project is:

    "identity:create_project": "rule:admin_required and domain_id:%(project.domain_id)s",

as opposed to (in policy.json):

    "identity:create_project": "rule:admin_required",

This is what you are looking for to scope the admin role to a domain.

Jamie