[openstack-dev] Retiring "reverify no bug"

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Mon Dec 9 22:43:10 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> writes:

> I wonder could we make it standard practice for an infra bug to get
> filed whenever there's a known issue causing gate jobs to fail so that
> everyone can use that bug number when re-triggering?
>
> (Apologies if that's already happening)
>
> I guess we'd want to broadcast that bug number with statusbot?
>
> Basically, the times I've used 'reverify no bug' is where I see some job
> failures that look like an infra issue that was already resolved.

Yes, in those cases a bug should be filed on the openstack-ci project
(either by us or by anyone encountering such a bug if we haven't gotten
to it yet).

In the past we have sometimes done that, but not always.  This will
force us to be better about it.  :)

And yes, I'd like to use statusbot for that (I'm currently working on
making it more reliable), but otherwise searching for the most recently
filed bug in openstack-ci would probably get you the right one (if there
is one) on those occasions.

-Jim