[openstack-dev] anyone aware of networking issues with grizzly live migration of kvm instances?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Dec 9 21:55:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

We've got a grizzly setup using quantum networking and libvirt/kvm with
VIR_MIGRATE_LIVE set.

I was live-migrating an instance back and forth between a couple of
compute nodes.  It worked fine for maybe half a dozen migrations and
then after a migration I could no longer ping it.

It appears that packets were making it up to the guest but we never saw
packets come out of the guest.

Rebooting the instance seems to have restored connectivity.

Anyone aware of something like this?

We're planning on switching to havana when we can, so it'd be nice if
this was fixed there.

Chris