[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Nomination of Sandy Walsh to core team

Herndon, John Luke john.herndon at hp.com
Mon Dec 9 21:30:22 UTC 2013

Hi There!

I¹m not 100% sure what the process is around electing an individual to the
core team (i.e., can a non-core person nominate someone?). However, I
believe the ceilometer core team could use a member who is more active in
the development of the event pipeline. A core developer in this area will
not only speed up review times for event patches, but will also help keep
new contributions focused on the overall eventing vision.

To that end, I would like to nominate Sandy Walsh from Rackspace to
ceilometer-core. Sandy is one of the original authors of StackTach, and
spearheaded the original stacktach-ceilometer integration. He has been
instrumental in many of my codes reviews, and has contributed much of the
existing event storage and querying code.

Thanks,
John Herndon
Software Engineer
HP Cloud