[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Keystoneclient tests to tempest

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 19:34:20 UTC 2013

On 12/09/2013 11:07 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 12/09/2013 10:12 AM, Brant Knudson wrote:
>> Monty -
>>
>> Thanks for doing the work already to get the infrastructure set up.
>> Looks like I've got the easy part here. I posted an initial patch that
>> has one test from keystone in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60724/ .
>> I hope to be able to move all the tests over unchanged. The tricky part
>> is getting all the fixtures set up the same way that keystone does.
> I think a direct port of the keystone fixtures is the wrong approach.
> These really need to act more like the scenario tests that exist over
> there. And if the intent is just a dump of the keystone tests we need to
> step back... because that's not going to get accepted.
>
> I actually think that we should solve #4 first - how you test the thing
> you actually want to test in the gate. Which is about getting
> devstack-gate to setup the world that you want to test. I really think
> the location of the tests all flow from there. Because right now it
> seems like the cart is before the horse.

I think we can rework the Keystone tests to meet the Tempest standard
without making it inot a Major rewrite.

The biggest Sin of the current tests is that it creates self.user_foo
with an id of 'foo'.  But the test should never be looking for the
string 'foo'. Instead, They should be doing the equivalent to:

assertEquals(self.user_foo.id, some_user.id)

If we make the fixture Setup create user_foo, but with an ID generated
for each test using uuid4, we should be able to have the proper test
semantics.