[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Keystoneclient tests to tempest

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Dec 9 16:07:24 UTC 2013

On 12/09/2013 10:12 AM, Brant Knudson wrote:
> Monty -
>
> Thanks for doing the work already to get the infrastructure set up.
> Looks like I've got the easy part here. I posted an initial patch that
> has one test from keystone in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60724/ .
> I hope to be able to move all the tests over unchanged. The tricky part
> is getting all the fixtures set up the same way that keystone does.

I think a direct port of the keystone fixtures is the wrong approach.
These really need to act more like the scenario tests that exist over
there. And if the intent is just a dump of the keystone tests we need to
step back... because that's not going to get accepted.

I actually think that we should solve #4 first - how you test the thing
you actually want to test in the gate. Which is about getting
devstack-gate to setup the world that you want to test. I really think
the location of the tests all flow from there. Because right now it
seems like the cart is before the horse.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net