[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Compute meter names prefaced by "instance:"

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Dec 9 14:32:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 06 2013, Pendergrass, Eric wrote:

> Hi, I've been out for nearly 3 weeks and noticed Compute meter names are now
> prefaced by "instance:"
>

> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html
>

> Not sure when this happened but I was wondering if the change applies across
> all OpenStack.  Will Nova use the change for its events?
>

> Also, is the purpose of the change to identify that instance types are
> undefined and may vary by installation?

We have these kind of meters for a long time now. They are named
instance:m1.tiny or the like, and the meter the number of instance of a
certain flavor for a project.
They shouldn't be needed strictly speaking, but they cover a use case
that is not (well) covered by the API.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # independent consultant