[openstack-dev] [heat][horizon]Heat UI related requirements & roadmap

Tim Schnell tim.schnell at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Dec 6 21:24:43 UTC 2013

To resolve this thread, I have created 5 blueprints based on this mailing
list discussion. I have attempted to distill the proposed specification
down to what seemed generally agreed upon but if you feel strongly that I
have incorrectly captured something let's talk about it!

Here are the blueprints:

1) Stack Keywords
blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/stack-keywords
spec: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/UI#Stack_Keywords

2) Parameter Grouping and Ordering
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/parameter-grouping-ordering
spec:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/UI#Parameter_Grouping_and_Ordering

3) Parameter Help Text
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/add-help-text-to-template
spec: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/UI#Help_Text

4) Parameter Label
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/add-parameter-label-to-template
spec: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/UI#Parameter_Label

This last blueprint did not get as much discussion so I have added it with
the discussion flag set. I think this will get more important in the
future but I don't need to implement right now. I'd love to hear more
thoughts about it.

5) Get Parameters API Endpoint
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/get-parameters-from-api