[openstack-dev] Unified Guest Agent proposal

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Dec 6 20:27:10 UTC 2013

Another idea that I'll put up for consideration (since I work with the
cloud-init codebase also).

Cloud-init[1] which currently does lots of little useful initialization
types of activities (similar to the racker agents activities) has been
going through some of the same questions[2] as to should it be an agent
(or respond to some type of system signal on certain activities, like new
network metadata available). So this could be another way to go.

Including (ccing) scott who probably has more ideas around this to :-)

[1] https://launchpad.net/cloud-init
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cloud-init/+bug/1153626