[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Layering olso.messaging usage of config

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Dec 6 16:55:26 UTC 2013

I really have to agree with this. It's especially important if oslo.messaging is also used in libraries like taskflow. If oslo.messaging imposes that users of it must use oslo.config then by using it in taskflow, taskflow then imposes the same oslo.config usage. This makes all libraries that use it inherently only useable in the openstack ecosystem which I think is very bad opensource behavior (not exactly open). There are other reasons to, a configuration dict means u can have many different active instances being simultaneously used (each with its own config), with oslo.config since it is a static configuration object u get 1 simultaneous instance. So this is yet another behavior that I as a library provider thing is very unhealthy restriction to impose on people that use taskflow.

Sent from my really tiny device...