[openstack-dev] [Tripleo] Core reviewer update Dec

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 5 23:32:28 UTC 2013

On 5 December 2013 09:12, Keith Basil <kbasil at redhat.com> wrote:

>> This sounds reasonable to me.  The code base for TuskarUI is building on Horizon and we are planning on integrating TuskarUI into Horizon once TripleO is part of the integrated release.  The review skills and focus for TuskarUI is certainly more consistent with Horizon than the rest of the TripleO program.

Tuskar specifically (TripleO as a program isn't integrated; the Tuskar
API project is what will get integrated).

> Focus is needed on the Horizon bits to ensure that we have something to build on
> for the "operator" side of a deployment.  One possible concern here is that the Horizon
> folk won't understand what's driving the UI need for Tuskar.

Horizon already has functionality for the operator side of
deployments, through admin specific functionality; I think it's
entirely appropriate for operator web UI work to be housed in Horizon.
I understand the concern that Horizon folk may not understand Tuskar -
but that concern applies to Neutron and Cinder and Murano and Savannah
and ... - as a UI layer for OpenStack, it's Horizon developers /role/
to come to understand the capabilities and needs of the API's they are
presenting to users. I am totally confident that they are up to the
task, particularly if the folk that are working on Tuskar are there to
help Horizon folk understand better!

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>