[openstack-dev] [TripleO] UI Wireframes - close to implementation start

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Thu Dec 5 19:32:53 UTC 2013

On Tue Dec  3 06:53:04 2013, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> Wireframes walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/enhance?v=oRtL3aCuEEc
>
>> On 2013/03/12 10:25, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> I opened 2 issues on UX discussion forum with TripleO UI topics:

Hey Jarda, thanks for sharing these! Some comments inline below:

>>> Resource Management:
>>> http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/95/tripleo-ui-resource-management/
>>> - this section was already reviewed before, there is not much
>>> surprises, just smaller updates
>>> - we are about to implement this area

I've somehow overlooked the 'Node tags' previously. I'm curious what
format these would take, or if this is something we've discussed. I
remember hearing us kick around an idea for key-value pairs for storing
arbitrary information, maybe ram=64g or rack=c6. Is that what the tags
you have are intended for?

>>> http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/96/tripleo-ui-deployment-management/
>>> - these are completely new views and they need a lot of attention so
>>> that in time we don't change direction drastically
>>> - any feedback here is welcome

One thing I notice here -- and I really hope I'm not opening a can of
worms -- is that this seems to require that you manage many nodes. I
know that's our focus, and I entirely agree with it. But with the way
things are represented in this, it doesn't seem like it would be
possible for a user to set up an all-in-one system (say, for testing)
that ran compute and storage on the same node.

I think it would be very fair to say that's just something we're not
focusing on at this point, and that to start out we're just going to
handle the simple case of wanting to install many nodes, each with only
one distinct type. But I just wanted to clarify that we are, indeed,
making that decision?

Overall I think these look good. Thanks!

--
Matt Wagner
Software Engineer, Red Hat