[openstack-dev] [heat] Heater Proposal

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 5 03:40:20 UTC 2013

On 5 December 2013 15:55, Steve Baker <sbaker at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes, point taken.
>
> heat-core does a reasonable job of keeping up with review load, so there is
> not yet a bottleneck. However the load is taken by a small team which would
> definitely need to grow if we were to take on a new project.

Yup.

> There are certainly some reviewers who will be ready for nomination soon if
> they continue increasing their review volume:
> http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/heat-reviewers-30.txt
>
> It may be appropriate to relax the core review approval to a single +2 on
> heatr in the early stages of the project.

I think thats ultimately counterproductive. Folk can build on
in-progress patches when they really need to - gerrit supports that.

http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/heat-openreviews.html

Stats since the last revision without -1 or -2 :

Average wait time: 1 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes
1rd quartile wait time: 0 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes
Median wait time: 1 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes
3rd quartile wait time: 1 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes

So, 75% of patches are sitting for more than a day before being looked
at at all : thats says to me that Heat could use more core reviewers
(many hands, light work) - ideally with a distributed project like us,
most things would be looked at in 9-12 hours or less; however these
figures are much happier than nova, and nova still achieves pretty
good velocity!

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>