[openstack-dev] [Solumn] Suggestion about usage of mailing lists

Boris Pavlovic bpavlovic at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 4 22:07:50 UTC 2013

Guys,

I really appreciate that all discussion are real open, and you are doing a
great job, discussing all arch stuff of the project. But for such things
there are:
1) IRC chats
2) WIKI pages
3) ehterpads

E.g. in Rally we have 1 page:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Rally_Main that contains all important
information about:
1) RoadMaps
2) Links to active discussions
3) Current Active and Open Tasks
So everybody is able to discuss what he want with the rest of the project
community, without tons of emails..

Could I ask you guys to send emails only about:
1) Releases
2) Major changes and news
3) Questions
4) Incubation stuff
5) Integration with other projects

And avoid discussing every piece of arch in mailing list. Because if  each
project will start to discuss all arch stuff in mailing list, we will have
billions of emails per minute in openstack-dev.

Sorry for this email, and thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic