[openstack-dev] [qa] Moving the QA meeting time

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Dec 4 21:04:22 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at changing our weekly QA meeting time to make it more globally
attendable. Right now the current time of 17:00 UTC doesn't really work for
people who live in Asia Pacific timezones. (which includes a third of the
current core review team) There are 2 approaches that I can see taking here:

 1. We could either move the meeting time later so that it makes it easier for
    people in the Asia Pacific region to attend.

 2. Or we move to a alternating meeting time, where every other week the meeting
    time changes. So we keep the current slot and alternate with something more
    friendly for other regions.

I think trying to stick to a single meeting time would be a better call just for
simplicity. But it gets difficult to appease everyone that way which is where the
appeal of the 2nd approach comes in.

Looking at the available time slots here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings
there are plenty of open slots before 1500 UTC which would be early for people in
the US and late for people in the Asia Pacific region. There are plenty of slots
starting at 2300 UTC which is late for people in Europe.

Would something like 2200 UTC on Wed. or Thurs work for everyone?

What are people's opinions on this?

-Matt Treinish