[openstack-dev] [Keystoneclient] [Keystone] Last released version of keystoneclient does not work with python33

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 20:24:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Georgy Okrokvertskhov <
gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have failed tests in gate-solum-python33 because kesytoneclient fails to
> import xmlrpclib.
> The exact error is:
> "File
> "/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-solum-python33/.tox/py33/lib/python3.3/site-packages/
> keystoneclient/openstack/common/jsonutils.py", line 42, in <module>
> 2013-11-28 18:27:12.655 |     import xmlrpclib
> 2013-11-28 18:27:12.655 | ImportError: No module named 'xmlrpclib
> "
> This issue appeared because of xmlrpclib was renamed in python33.
> Is there any plan to release a new version of keystoneclient with the fix
> for that issue? As I see it is fixed in master.
>
> If there is no new release for keystoneclient can you recommend any
> workaround for this issue?

I'd be happy to make a release keystoneclient, but I don't believe that's
the only issue with python 3 at the moment (at least on the CLI?). For
example:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+bug/1249165

In the current master, the above issue is only reproducible after syncing
oslo (otherwise it fails on yet another python 3 incompatibility).

> Thanks
> Georgy

-Dolph