[openstack-dev] [Tripleo] Core reviewer update Dec

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Dec 4 19:10:10 UTC 2013

On 5 December 2013 06:55, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Robert Collins
>> Jan, Jordan, Martyn, Jiri and Jaromir are still actively contributing
>> to TripleO and OpenStack, but I don't think they are tracking /
>> engaging in the code review discussions enough to stay in -core: I'd
>> be delighted if they want to rejoin as core - as we discussed last
>> time, after a shorter than usual ramp up period if they get stuck in.
>
> What's the shorter than usual ramp up period?

You know, we haven't actually put numbers on it. But I'd be
comfortable with a few weeks of sustained involvement.

> In general, I agree with your points about removing folks from core.
>
> We do have a situation though where some folks weren't reviewing as
> frequently when the Tuskar UI/API development slowed a bit post-merge.
>  Since that is getting ready to pick back up, my concern with removing
> this group of folks, is that it leaves less people on core who are
> deeply familiar with that code base.  Maybe that's ok, especially if
> the fast track process to get them back on core is reasonable.

Well, I don't think we want a situation where when a single org
decides to tackle something else for a bit, that noone can comfortably
fix bugs in e.g. Tuskar / or worse the whole thing stalls - thats why
I've been so keen to get /everyone/ in Tripleo-core familiar with the
entire collection of codebases we're maintaining.

So I think after 3 months that other cores should be reasonably familiar too ;).

That said, perhaps we should review these projects.

Tuskar as an API to drive deployment and ops clearly belongs in
TripleO - though we need to keep pushing features out of it into more
generalised tools like Heat, Nova and Solum. TuskarUI though, as far
as I know all the other programs have their web UI in Horizon itself -
perhaps TuskarUI belongs in the Horizon program as a separate code
base for now, and merge them once Tuskar begins integration?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist