[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] [marconi] Notifications brainstorming session tomorrow @ 1500 UTC

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Wed Dec 4 16:30:32 UTC 2013

How frequent do you imagine these notifications being?  There's a wide
variation here between the 'blue moon' case where disk space is low and
frequent notifications of things like OS performance, which you might want
to display in Horizon or another monitoring tool on an every-few-seconds
basis, or instance state change, which is usually driven by polling at
present.

I'm not saying that we should necessarily design notifications for the
latter cases, because it introduces potentially quite a lot of
user-demanded load on the Openstack components, I'm just asking for a
statement of intent.
--
Ian.