[openstack-dev] [Nova] Core sponsors wanted for BP "user defined shutdown"

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Dec 4 10:10:18 UTC 2013

Hi Nova cores,

As per the discussion at the Summit I need two (or more) nova cores to sponsor the BP that allows Guests a chance to shutdown cleanly rather than just yanking the virtual power cord out  -which is approved and targeted for I2

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35303/

The Non API aspect of this is has been kicking around for a while now (on patch set 30), and passing all of the tests etc (The change in timing was upsetting some of the long running Tempest tests but this has now been fixed) - and as far as I know there are no outstanding issues to be addressed.   Would be really nice to get this landed now before it needs another rebase.

The API aspect is also under development and on target to be available for review soon.

Any takers ?

Cheers
Phil