[openstack-dev] creating a default for oslo config variables within a project?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Dec 3 21:56:25 UTC 2013

This cinder patch - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48935/

Is blocked on failing upgrade because the updated oslo lockutils won't
function until there is a specific configuration variable added to the
cinder.conf.

That work around is proposed here -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52070/3

However I think this is exactly the kind of forward breaks that we want
to prevent with grenade, as cinder failing to function after a rolling
upgrade because a config item wasn't added is exactly the kind of pain
we are trying to prevent happening to ops.

So the question is, how is this done correctly so that a default can be
set in the cinder code for this value, and it not require a config
change to work?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague