[openstack-dev] [Nova] Splitting up V3 API admin-actions plugin

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 13:39:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

At the summit we agreed to split out lock/unlock, pause/unpause,
suspend/unsuspend
functionality out of the V3 version of admin actions into separate
extensions to make it easier for deployers to only have loaded the
functionality that they want.

Remaining in admin_actions we have:

migrate
live_migrate
reset_network
inject_network_info
create_backup
reset_state

I think it makes sense to separate out migrate and live_migrate into a
migrate plugin as well.

What do people think about the others? There is no real overhead of having
them in separate
plugins and totally remove admin_actions. Does anyone have any objections
from this being done?

Also in terms of grouping I don't think any of the others remaining above
really belong together, but welcome any suggestions.

Chris