[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Documentation and patches

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Aug 30 13:53:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30 2013, Anne Gentle wrote:

> I'd like to get docs closer to code all the time, but Sphinx hasn't met a
> few crucial requirements: translation, content reuse, PDF, and comment
> integration. I'd rather have repos and docs by audience than by project. To
> repeat, people come to docs.openstack.org for OpenStack docs. Let's make
> those better all the time.

Oh I am not thinking about picking tools. I don't really care about what
should be used. You know better than us.

It's just that I know Ceilometer developers will review documentation if
patches end up in openstack/ceilometer in Gerrit, thus that could allow
for some part of the documentation (API, deployer guide, …) to aim for
better quality and freshness.

Though that system wouldn't work for documentation covering multiple
projects obviously.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker / independent consultant