[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Documentation and patches

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Aug 30 13:31:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30 2013, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> How about mandating that when one adds a DocImpact in a review it should
> have a url to an etherpad/wiki with sufficient information for the doc
> team? yes, +1 to let docs team figure out where to fit it into existing
> guides.

That's a possibility.

It still seems better to me to have the project's developers involved
into the documentation than outsourcing it completely to another team.
For example, there's no way to be sure the documentation team is going
to understand what the developer meant on that wiki page, and that it'll
then write correct instructions.

Having the patches sent on the documented project directly makes sure
developers are going to review it and that to the doc writer who's
improving the documentation for example got things right.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker - independent consultant