[openstack-dev] [keystone][horizon]Backend filtering in Keystone

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed Aug 28 19:27:23 UTC 2013

While these are useful steps in isolation, I'm hesitant to just say "go for it!" because I see this as a problem that OpenStack as a whole needs to solve. Your implementation here is a good proof-of-concept that's likely worth vetting and then emulating elsewhere.

However looking at it a different way it adds further fragmentation to the filtering, sorting, paging, etc. methods that Horizon has to attempt to support across all the projects.

It's my intention to run a session on this at the summit and probably walk out of that summit with a "Horizon will support X, so if you want people to have a good experience with your project in Horizon you should support X too" kind of agreement that we can work towards across projects in Icehouse. That X will likely reflect what you've done here and the great discussions that happened recently about the possibility of doing away with pagination entirely.

If the patch is ready to go then by all means merge it and we can start playing with it to see where it shines and where it needs polish. I'm all for it in principle.

All the best,

-          Gabriel