[openstack-dev] [Nova] Frustrations with review wait times

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Aug 27 18:32:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/27/2013 01:30 PM, Matt Dietz wrote:
> > Good idea!
> >
> > Only thing I would point out is there are a fair amount of changes,
> > especially lately, where code is just moving from one portion of the
> > project to another, so there may be cases where someone ends up being
> > authoritative over code they don't totally understand.
>
> Right.  While some automation can provide some insight, it certainly can
> not make any decisions in this area, IMO.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant

All great ideas, but really isn't the core of the issue rate of new patches
> rate of available reviewers?

Seems to me that with the growth of the projects and more people
contributing the number of people actively involved in reviews is not
keeping pace.  Then throw in all of the "new" projects which takes at least
a portion of someone who used to do all Nova all the time and now they're
spreading that work-load across 3 or 4 projects it seems the only solution
is more reviewers.

Prioritizing and assigning maintainers is a great idea and I think we've
all kinda feel into that unofficially any way, but there is a need for more
quality reviewers and to be quite honest with all of the new projects
coming in to play I think that problem is going to continue in to the next
release as well.