[openstack-dev] [horizon] Add a library js for creating charts

Ladislav Smola lsmola at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 11:44:54 UTC 2013

I have prepared the testing implementation of Rickshaw wrapped into a
general linechart and connected it to Ceilometer here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35590/
(rendering is mostly copied from examples with some parts from Maxime
Vidori)

Rickshaw really works like a charm. I think it will be the best choice.

It is work in the progress and the data of the statistics needs to be
formatted correctly, but it shows this could work.

I will extract the parts to correct Blueprints and I will start the
blueprints for implementation of the charts in the dashboard, then
connect it through dependencies. So people can start implementing this
to dashboard.

There is ongoing UX discussion about the ceilometer and the charts in
the dashboard and how it will look like. I do expect we will use
scatterplot, pie and bar charts (we are using this on overview pages in
tuskar-ui). So these charts should be probably packed in similar manner
(though only scatterplot is in the Rickshaw)