[openstack-dev] Tuskar PTL candidacy

Martyn Taylor mtaylor at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 09:26:21 UTC 2013

I would also like to nominate myself for the role of Tuskar PTL.

I am a senior engineer at Red Hat where I have been part of the core
Tuskar engineering team since its inception, participating in the
various discussions and technical decisions for the initial Tuskar proof
of concept. I helped define our integration points with existing
OpenStack projects which required understanding of Triple O, Heat and
Nova Bare Metal.

Over the past few years I have been involved with building cross cloud
management tools (Aeolus, Deltacloud). I chaired the Aeolus technical
cabal and led efforts on the Template and Image Management tool 'TIM'.
During this time I also designed and implemented a number REST APIs and
recently contributed the initial Ironic REST API design spec. I have
experience integrating with a number of other OpenStack projects:
Glance, Keystone and Horizon from building out a proof of concept for an
OpenStack image building service:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBM4HA3QUk. I have a good overall
understanding of what each project offers and how we can utilize them to
achieve our goal in Tuskar.

I am convinced that the right approach with Tuskar is to act as a
consumer of existing OpenStack projects, utilizing the services these
projects offer as much as possible.  This should allow us to keep a
tight focus on our main goal of 'Deploying and managing OpenStack at
large scales'. To achieve this we'll need to be heavily involved in the
OpenStack community at large and actively contributing features to
upstream projects when necessary.

I am very excited about the Tuskar project and becoming more involved
with the OpenStack community at large, watching Tuskar grow over the 6
months should be very interesting.

Regards
Martyn