[openstack-dev] Proposal oslo.db lib

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Fri Aug 16 13:52:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We (OpenStack contributors) done a really huge and great work around DB
code in Grizzly and Havana to unify it, put all common parts into
oslo-incubator, fix bugs, improve handling of sqla exceptions, provide
unique keys, and to use  this code in different projects instead of custom
implementations. (well done!)

oslo-incubator db code is already used by: Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Ironic,
Ceilometer.

In this moment we finished work around Glance:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36207/

And working around Heat and Keystone.

So almost all projects use this code (or planing to use it)

Probably it is the right time to start work around moving oslo.db code to
separated lib.

We (Roman, Viktor and me) will be glad to help to make oslo.db lib:

E.g. Here are two drafts:
1) oslo.db lib code: https://github.com/malor/oslo.db
2) And here is this lib in action: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/42159/

Thoughts?