[openstack-dev] endpoint registration

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Aug 16 05:47:20 UTC 2013

We're just reworking our endpoint registration on cloud bring up to be
driven by APIs, per the principled separation of concerns I outlined
previously.

One thing I note is that the keystone intialisation is basically full
of magic constants like
"http://$CONTROLLER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS:8004/v1/%(tenant_id)s"

Now, I realise that when you have a frontend haproxy etc, the endpoint
changes - but the suffix - v1/%(tenant_id)s in this case - is, AFAICT,
internal neutron/cinder/ etc knowledge, as is the service type
('network' etc).

Rather than copying those into everyones deploy scripts, I'm wondering
if we could put that into neutronclient etc - either as a query
function (neutron --endpoint-suffix -> 'v1/%(tenant_id)s) or perhaps
something that will register with keystone when told to?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist