[openstack-dev] Code review study

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:46:13 UTC 2013

That's an interesting article and also meaningful for coders. If I have a
patch more than 200 or 300 lines, to split this may be a good idea.

Some time, an easy patch with a little more lines would prevent more
reviewers to think about it.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net>wrote:

> This may interest data-driven types here.
>

> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/11-proven-practices-for-peer-review/
>
> Note specifically the citation of 200-400 lines as the knee of the review
> effectiveness curve: that's lower than I thought - I thought 200 was
> clearly fine - but no.
>
> -Rob
>
> --
> Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
> Distinguished Technologist
> HP Converged Cloud

Gareth

*Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball*
*OpenStack contributor*
*Company: UnitedStack <http://www.ustack.com>*
*My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from
Mar 1 2013, notify me *
*and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.*