[openstack-dev] [neutron] Why is "network" and "subnet" modeled separately?

P Balaji-B37839 B37839 at freescale.com
Thu Aug 15 06:32:38 UTC 2013

Though we can add multiple subnets to the Network. We don't have an option to attach/select subnet to Network. It is observed that when all the IP Address are consumed from first subnet, then it starts using the next subnet available for the network.

More flexibility in selecting subnet to Network will be a good thing to have.

Any thoughts or use-case information for not giving an option to select subnet for a Network?

Regards,
Balaji.P