[openstack-dev] [glance] [ceilometer] Periodic Auditing In Glance

Neal, Phil phil.neal at hp.com
Tue Aug 13 23:20:32 UTC 2013

I'm a little concerned that a batch payload won't align with "exists" events generated from other services. To my recollection, Cinder, Trove and Neutron all emit exists events on a per-instance basis....a consumer would have to figure out a way to handle/unpack these separately if they needed a granular feed. Not the end of the world, I suppose, but a bit inconsistent.

And a minor quibble: batching would also make it a much bigger issue if a consumer missed a notification....though I guess you could counteract that by increasing the frequency (but wouldn't that defeat the purpose?)