[openstack-dev] Blueprint: launch-time configurable kernel-id, ramdisk-id, and kernel command line

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 21:47:19 UTC 2013

I have just created a new blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/expose-ramdisk-kernel-and-command-line-via-rest-and-cli

I realize that some of this work overlaps with: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/improve-boot-from-volume
which is an umbrella blueprint for: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/improve-block-device-handling

I can see that a lot of work has been done for the above blueprints, but I was not clear on the progress with regard to exposing kernel-id and ramdisk-id.  Perhaps I don't need to implement this?

The second change proposed in the blueprint has not been addressed in any other blueprints.  Does anyone think that adding ability to pass in at launch time the kernel command line would be problematic?

Thanks,
Dennis