[openstack-dev] [glance] [ceilometer] Periodic Auditing In Glance

Andrew Melton andrew at apmelton.com
Tue Aug 13 19:35:03 UTC 2013

> I'm just concerned with the type of notification you'd send. It has to
> be enough fine grained so we don't lose too much information.

It's a tough situation, sending out an image.exists for each image with
the same payload as say image.upload would likely create TONS of traffic.
Personally, I'm thinking about a batch payload, with a bare minimum of the
following values:

'payload': [{'id': 'uuid1', 'owner': 'tenant1', 'created_at': 'some_date',
'size': 100000000},
               {'id': 'uuid2', 'owner': 'tenant2', 'created_at':
'some_date', 'deleted_at': 'some_other_date', 'size': 200000000}]

That way the audit job/task could be configured to emit in batches which
a deployer could tweak the settings so as to not emit too many messages.
I definitely welcome other ideas as well.

Thanks,
Andrew Melton