[openstack-dev] Proposal to support new Cinder driver for CloudByte's Elastistor

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 13 11:44:30 UTC 2013

Amit Das wrote:
> We have implemented a CINDER driver for our QoS aware storage solution
> (CloudByte Elastistor).
>
> We would like to integrate this driver code with the next version of
> OpenStack (Havana).
>
> Please let us know the approval processes to be followed for this new
> driver support.

See https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Cycle and
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprints for the beginning of an answer.

Note that we are pretty late in the Havana cycle with lots of features
which have been proposed a long time ago still waiting for reviews and
merging... so it's a bit unlikely that a new feature would be added now
to that already-overloaded backlog.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)