[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Nova_tests failing in jenkins

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 02:10:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Herndon, John Luke (HPCS - Ft.
Collins) <john.herndon at hp.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> The nova_tests are failing for a couple of different Ceilometer reviews,
> due to 'module' object has no attribute 'add_driver'.
>
> This review (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/41316/) had nothing to do
> with the nova_tests, yet they are failing. Any clue what's going on?

Ceilometer tests depend on nova master. The nova tests then import
nova.openstack.common.notifier.api as notifier_api. This notifier_api
does not have an add_driver method. Looks like add_driver was removed
from nova in change I5ed80458f1073d6e5185e2769eed85a49dec5d10. This
problem arises due to asymmetric testing. The change in review has
nothing to do with nova_tests and these tests are failing because nova
changed not because Ceilometer changed.

Clark